*We are not hiring for this position currently, for more information please give us a call 262-348-9900*
We are looking for an ambitious Prep Cook to assist in the preparation of delicious dishes in the kitchen. You’ll perform routine kitchen tasks such as setting up workstations and ingredients, so that food can be prepared according to recipes. A great prep cook will be quick and diligent and willing to improve on the job. You will be deft and able to follow instructions as well as all health and safety rules in the kitchen. The ideal candidate will also be able to function in a fast-paced, busy environment as a part of a team.
About Hawk’s View Golf Club:
Hawk’s View is a family-owned, public golf course offering the Golf and Wedding experiences of member-only country clubs. Our staff enjoys a relaxed family-style work environment that is customer-focused on providing the best possible service. We take pride in our ability to perform above and beyond expectations typically reserved for other public courses.
Hawk’s View is known for its amazing Fish Fry and was voted “Favorite” Fish Fry in the “2022 Best of Geneva Lake” edition. Our Fish Fry is open year-round and is so busy that reservations are strongly recommended. A typical shift in the course comes in various waves based on how many are on the course and when. Plus golf outings with luncheons require someone that’s quick on their feet and can adapt to those various waves of food requests.
- Follow the prep list created by chefs to plan duties
- Label and stock all ingredients on shelves so they can be organized and easily accessible
- Measure ingredients and seasonings to be used in cooking
- Prepare cooking ingredients by washing and chopping vegetables, cutting meat, etc.
- Undertake basic cooking duties such as deep-frying, parboiling food, etc.
- Prepare simple dishes such as salads, entrees, etc.
- Maintain a clean and orderly kitchen by washing dishes, sanitizing surfaces, taking out trash etc.
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation guidelines
- Perform other kitchen duties as assigned, including dishwashing if one is not scheduled to work
- Proven experience as pa rep cook is preferred but not necessary. We will train the right candidate
- Knowledge of health and safety rules in a kitchen
- Manual dexterity able to operate cutting tools and kitchen utensils
- A team player with good communication skills
- Patient with an ability to stay positive under pressure and be quick on their feet
- Training from a culinary school or classes is an asset; again, we are willing to train the right candidate
This position is perfect for those looking to enter the culinary field following previous education or training. It is also perfect for those still in school as we are a very seasonally run business. We are open to High School students as well with some knowledge in the culinary field and are looking to expand upon their experiences. Experience is preferred, but Hawk’s View is willing to train the right candidate for the position.
Job Types: Part-time, potential for Full-Time
Salary: $12.00 – $18.00 per hour
- Free Golf
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Casual dining restaurant
- Fast casual restaurant
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
For more information please call 262-348-9900.
If you’re ready, fill out an application today and drop it off!